Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Alli J. has arrived!

Alli J. Beckstrom was born November 1st 2008 at 11:32 a.m 7 lbs. 13 oz 20 in. Things went really well with delivery and we are so excited to have her here with us (a day early even, yes!) She is so precious and has the sweetest personality, she is truly a blessing in our lives!

She was definitely bigger than the doctor thought she was going to be. I tried to tell him that she was going to be bigger than 6-7lbs because of how I was feeling-no room left- I guess I was right, her u/s pictures were right on with the chubbiness!

Beth (one of the NICU Nurse Practitioners that I work with) came down to do baby care just for Alli

Dr. Murnane with Alli after delivery...he is an awesome Doc and really made delivery a great experience...

I got to do skin to skin right after delivery it was so great (don't mind the tired after delivery look:))

Alli was so alert and stayed awake for close to 4 hours after delivery, she wanted to see everything and everyone!

Trish was my postpartum nurse and was so awesome during our stay. It helps to be an employee because you get all the hookups like nice room, extra supplies, attentive care and babysitters at night, all my night shift co-workers babysat Alli during the night in the NICU, she was very spoiled to say the least-It was great

My co-workers decorated Alli's crib, it was very cute!



Brian has been a very good daddy, Alli has him wrapped around his finger already and a little tuckered out too

Yeah, my mom is here! I am so glad she came to help us out (even changed flights to make it here) it definitely takes pressure off of Brian since he still has school to attend. We are having fun taking care of Alli! Thanks mom for comin' you are the best!

28 comments:

Nat B. said...

How fun to get to see more pis of cute little Alli. Lacy-I think she looks like you. Britt says it's to early to tell, but I can see you in her cheeks and nose. So glad your mom made it out. Hope you are getting some sleep. C-you guys soon!

Lyndsey said...

She is adorable. You guys did good. Enjoy it because they grow up faster than you could ever imagine. I can't wait to meet her.

*/ Jillian said...

congrats you guys! She is so sweet!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! She's totally darling! So glad things went well!

Lindsay said...

She doesn't even look like a new born, she looks so alert and that chubby face is so darling! Congrats and good luck with everything, you will be a great mom. When will you be in St. george next?

beck said...

she is beautiful! so exciting! congratulations! I bet it feels so good to have her here!

Kristen Westbrook said...

I am so glad she is here and everything went well! She looks so precious and is totally alert!!! I love the pictures with her eyes wide open, I think she looks like you! Those chubby cheeks and round face are adorable! I hope we can get together soon, are you going to be in SG for Thanksgiving or Christmas??
P.S. You don't even look like you just had a baby!!! YOu look awesome.

tiffany and darren said...

I just cried a little and yes, I am sitting at work for all to see.
She is so cute, I can't tell who she looks more like, I think a perfect combination.
Congratulations, when can Darren and I come see her? We were hoping before Christmas, maybe even before Thanksgiving. What are your plans?

aubphotography said...

She seems so sweet! Im so happy for you guys...
xoxoxo

The Neumann Clan said...

She is adorable! These are the first real pictures that I have seen. She reminds me of my girls with the perfect shaped head! Enjoy because she will soon be running around and you will wonder where all the time went!

Jess Mangum said...

aw.. she is so cute! she looks alot like u!

Anonymous said...

just what I thought the cutest baby on the block!! we can't wait to come she her. Hunter keeps asking everyday "mom, we go see Allee J.? I hold her?" she is so into the babies!!! We are just going to eat her up. See you Sat.!!!!! we are excited.

Megan said...

congrats! She is beautiful!

Maggie said...

Congratulations!We are so happy for you guys. Here's hoping that you'll get more sleep all the time. She's beautiful and you all look great.
(Justin and Maggie)

Shannon said...

She is gorgeous!!!! Congratulations to both of you!
Both you and Brian will be great parents. I just can't believe how time flies! Before you know it she will be in High School. Thrust me, i know!!! ;)

Bart and Krista said...

She is so pretty. I love her beautiful eyes. You must love to cuddle her. She is REALLY adorable. I can't wait for her and Whitney to meet in person.

Kinsly said...

Congrats Lacy and Brian. She is beautiful. You are in for some great times. Your life will never be the same...better!

Matt & Katie said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Glad everything went so well and we can't wait to see her! We are SO happy for you guys!

Andrus Family said...

Lacy, Congratulations! I am so glad she is finally here! She is so beautiful! I'm glad it all went well for you! Call me sometime when you have a minute, I'd love to catch up!

krista jo said...

How fun! I am so glad to hear things went so smoothly and she looks just wonderful :) I am glad we get to hang out over Christmas! yay!

Gai said...

What a beauty! I bet Grandma Snow is having a ball! Congratulations.

Lisa said...

Little Alli J.... what a cutie!!! I think she looks like you when you were a baby. I am really glad that all went well. I am sure that Grandma is loving every minute, she's been waiting a long time for this:) So glad that I got on your blog, I didn't know that you had her:) So happy for you!! Sending lots of love your way:)

Lainee said...

She is so sweet. Congrats!!

Kim said...

I ran into brians sister the other day and asked how things were going and she said good. I told her i didnt expect anything less with you cause when I had Kash you are the one i always came too. Congrats you two. She is perfect

Lisa said...

I just saw the pictures that Kailee took of Alli, they are adorable!! She is such a cute little doll. Have fun!

Rebecs said...

I could have sworn I commented on your blog, but evidentally not. She is beautiful!!! So glad your mom could come out and glad everything went well. I'm glad you got special treatment, you deserve it. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The Albrecht's said...

I love that cute little girl! She is so beautiful and precious. I'm glad I checked your blog so I could see more pictures of her. P.S. You look amazing in your post delivery photo- I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations sweetie! That is so neat that she is finally here! She's a doll too! perfect in every way! I'm truly happy for you three!!