Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ready and Waiting and Waiting...

I decided that I am done "nesting" and ready to have a baby...yep, that's pretty much it. I finally finished the nursery (well, at least for the moment) I quite like how it turned out, cute country is what I was going for and I think I accomplished my goal! I guess I will explain a little bit about it since it took quite a bit of my time and efforts to finish

...well the end table that you see was originally a ugly disgusting brown 1960ish painted end table, I sanded it all down and this is what it looked like after it was sanded etc. It cost $5 big ones at goodwill. I figured if I ruined it, not a big deal.

Next we move on to the white ugly looking thing that was originally supposed to be a kitchen cuttingboard/storage thing, it was disgusting when we got it (real cheap at goodwill again) and I also sanded an painted this ol' thing up. You may be thinking oh my heck why green? Well, Brian and I decided to bring the green out in the room from the bedding colors so if we have a boy on our next round (if there ever is a next round???) it can be a boy/girl room together without looking too girlie. I am happy with how all the furniture and such turned out, it kicked my butt gettin' it done while being in my later stages of pregnancy, but I will be honest in saying that I was trying to help my body get in the mode to get little Alli outta me, it hasn't seemed to have done a thing.

Finished product of the end table, and I am also excited to rock Alli to sleep in this nice rocking chair...

Finished product of what is supposed to be used in the kitchen, we decided to use it for Alli's stuff and of course a TV for Brian since he so lovingly agreed to do some late nights with Alli (yeah for me!)...


Toy chest, I made the foam pad on the top, I will eventually put some of my dolls that I had when I was little on here...

This is what is hanging above the crib, I am planning on putting 2 more frames here after I have pictures of Alli...

What kind of mom would I be if I didn't try to instill the love of horses in my little girl...her buddies await her to play in the crib...Kaycee, Sis, and L.J. (my horses names growin' up)

Some cute pillows that I made to accent the crib...

Shot of the nursery all put together!

Last, but not least Alli's first real horse that she can ride when she gets bigger, this is an early Christmas gift from Grandma and Grandpa Snow, I'm sure Alli will love it!


Now all we need is Alli, when oh when is she coming? Hopefully really soon!

21 comments:

Marcie said...

Let us know when she comes! We are so excited for you two and know she is going to be so stinkin'cute!I love your nursey!

aubphotography said...

Such a cute nursery. Cant wait to see what she looks like!

The Neumann Clan said...

I love the way your room turned out and of course I think the green furniture is adorable - but of course I would! We are excited for Alli to get here and Emma and Ady are excited to meet their new cousin!

Anonymous said...

way cute!!! looks just like you. Well can't wait to meet little miss alli.

Kristen Westbrook said...

Good Job Lac!!! The nursery turned out adorable and I also love the green furniture, it fits perfect. Can't wait to see pictures of Miss Alli!

krista jo said...

very impressed Lac! It looks like you have been working hard, and well worth it too because everything looks great! Can't wait to see you and your babe over Christmas...or maybe even Thanksgiving! Let me know how everything goes! By the way, I am going to email all the girls about a get together over Christmas! yay!

tiffany and darren said...

I am very impressed. I think if I ever decide to have a baby, you can be my decorating partner, we can hit up Construction Junction.
I love the green side table! Turned out perfectly.
Where did you get that cute tile with the bug on a rug saying?

Matt & Katie said...

Your nursery is SO cute! Your so creative! I love her bedding - you did a great job on it. We are so excited for you guys. My fingers are crossed you don't have to wait much longer!

Kinsly said...

The nursery turned out so cute Lacy.I'm totally impressed. I am so excited for you to have Alli here. I keep checking out your blog in hopes that you've had her and have pictures posted. So fun...

Lyndsey said...

Sooo Cute. Isn't it fun to take something old and ugly and end up with something so cool and like nobody else has. Ally will love her room. You are so close, and I can't wait to see her.

Andrus Family said...

Hey Lacey- I am so impressed...so cute! You will enjoy that room so much! Just like everyone of your other comments- please post as soon as you can letting us know when she gets here! All the best!

Megan said...

I am so excited for you to have your little one. It is an amazing experience! So fun to decorate the nursery! Looks like you had a blast doing it. Tons of work but worth it!

Lainee said...

Good Job! The nursery is so cute! The last few weeks are always the hardest, hang in there! I can't wait see a picture off little Alli! :)

The Weston's said...

you are so cute! this post has nesting written all over it!
good luck!

Lindsay said...

It is so cute! You are so good to have it all done before she gets here! Hurry up and have her already!

Shannon said...

You are crafty girl! I totally remember sanding and painting and waiting for my girls. I love how your nursery turned out. SO ADORABLE!

Thedailydansie said...

So cute! I'm so glad that she finally came today! Yipee for you! I just love her chubby cheeks in the pic Brian sent to Brian. I hope you're feeling ok, and we can't wait to see her in person.

The Albrecht's said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I heard the news from Lundon and can't wait to meet Alli (Benson says he can't wait either)!

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

WOW darling room. You are so creative. Hope all is going well with the new baby. We want to see some pictures!!!!

krista jo said...

so I keep waiting for some pictures of Alli to appear...hope you 2 are doing okay :) Love ya friend!

Lisa said...

I love how the nursery turned out. You have been a busy girl!