Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baby Showers in Columbus and an update!

The Ladies who I work with are so awesome! I have felt so lucky and blessed to be working with such an amazing group of women. I love my job and they make it so fun and nice to go to. They are all older than I am, but I like it that way, they all have a motherly influence and are all examples to me both professionally and personally. They have definitely made my transition to living away from home and my comfort zone so much easier, I guess that is why I am going to continue working even after I have the baby and a little break! I just can't give up such a good job and work environment that I truly enjoy.

Lynda(on the left, she was my mentor when I first started) and Deb(on the right)...the 2 that gave me the shower, it was at Deb's house and she is a Martha Stewart twin for sure, we had such good food and desserts!

Group picture of some of the ladies that I work with, it was an open house so people were in and out and I finally caught a picture with a few of them...

Erica and Julie a few more of the fun ladies...

I got so many fun and nice things, this picture doesn't get it all, but I had to mention just a few things that I got because I can't believe how generous everyone was. I got a swing, pack n' play, feeding chair, clothes, toys, and some must have baby supplies (even Brian was shocked at what I got:))

I had a few requests from my fam for a picture of my belly, and boy is it a belly. I just keep poking out more and more, what fun, ha ha. I am down to my last few weeks and I am "feeling" ready if you know what I mean...


Friend Shower in Columbus!

Just me opening gifts...

Adrienne is the sweet girlie who threw me the shower, she is so cute and fun and had the cutest little boy herself in May, she did such a cute and fun job! Thanks Adrienne!

Another picture of a few of the girls that came...Stephanie, Laralee, Trinette

Another pic...Krista and Ashley

One of the cute gifts that I got with Alli's name that matches her room...


Trip to Pittsburgh!

Darren and Tiffany, our hosts for the weekend a few weeks back... We were able to go and visit them with Lundon, Adrienne & Benson (we didn't get a pic. of them). It was a lot of fun and we got to see their new place, the girls went to the play Wicked and we all had a great time. One of the last trips I will be making, thanks guys for the fun!

Little big Benson, Lundon and Adrienne's cute little boy...we bought him a dragon Halloween outfit, so cute!


I am starting to get into the nesting period which is good, cleaning and organizing although I don't feel like I am getting enough accomplished. I am still working full time and plan on going all the way baby! If anything I hope it will help me get to my due date a little faster! Brian and I are excited and a little anxious for our little bundle to arrive. I will try to update on the progress.

Last but not least I was tagged by my cuz Lynds awhile back......


So, 7 random things about me...
1. I am the only girl in my family and the middle child
2. I love little things, little babies (maybe that's why I love my job in the NICU so much), mini everything!
3. I am obsessed with decorations and enjoy crafting, painting, quilting.
4. I like meat...Outback steak has been my life saver since I have been pregnant, the Outback special is delicious with green beans and a baked potato.
5. I like to organize, even if it can sometimes be organized chaos.
6. I don't like to drive,I like to look at my surroundings, Brian drives us everywhere
7. I haven't ridden a horse in over a year...that is totally sad because it is one of the loves of my life, maybe after the baby comes :)

10 comments:

aubphotography said...

Ok Lacy, You are Tiny Tiny TIny. No fair. You look awsome! I am so happy for you. Send email me your address.
Loves
Aubrey

Andrus Family said...

Lacy- so so so cute! I am so excited to see Alli pretty soon! I have some fun news...Angela is pregnant! She is so sik- taking zofran sublinguils every 3 hours! AHH! I think she is due end of May or early June! How much longer for you? Is your body doing anything?

The Albrecht's said...

What fun pics of the shower! It sounds like your co-workers are awesome. I hope you got everything that you needed. I am so excited for you, it just keeps getting closer. Before you know it you'll be having late night parties at Alli's crib:)!

Kristen Westbrook said...

Look at your cute belly! I love it!!! Looks like you got a bunch of awesome stuff at your showers, how fun. You are getting close and I am so excited for you, it's so fun!!! Hope you are feeling good, Love ya!

Marcie said...

You are looking so cute with your belly! I cant believe she is almost here. I hope you guys are coming home for christmas so we can see her in person. I am so glad that you have great people to work with and great friends out there!

krista jo said...

We would of course feel honored to take pictures of your beautiful (because I know she will be without even seeing her) baby girl! I am so glad you updated, what a fun time this is for you! Be sure to keep the updates on the baby coming :) Miss you friend and can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

very cute! i have been waiting forever for you to update your blog! FINALLY!!!! jk. I am so excited for you Lacy, if you need help with the wee one while you work, i'm right down the road! ;)

Lyndsey said...

I can't believe she is almost here I can't wait to see her. Looks like you got lots of fun stuff. Baby stuff is the funnest. See You Soon and Good Luck.

Jess Mangum said...

hey its jessica mangum (evans) first off i didnt know you were having a baby! haha until my mom said something about it the other day and then she mentioned you had a blog so after going through ALL of kailees "lacys" i found you! congrats on the baby!! also heres my blog if you wanna check us out!
jmmangumfam.blogspot.com

Rebecs said...

You made out good on those showers! It is getting so close! You look great! When you get a minute email me your address bechunter@gmail.com.