Monday, October 5, 2009

26.2-We DiD It! #3

Well, I'm happy to say that I am alive and that my good buddy o' mine Krista Jo is alive as well!! We made it through our 3rd marathon together! Ya Hoo! I will say that it was our hardest-most likely due to our lack of training :) and we weren't that pleased with our time, but we stopped and visited with family and friends along the way, we were just glad to finish with our bodies intact! Krista and I decided that we have had our fill once again of running long distances-that is marathons:) and that if we ever do one again, we are training better-hopefully :) Thanks Krista for another accomplishment-couldn't have done it without ya and I am so glad that we didn't lose each other this time (our first marathon together we lost each other at mile 3 not cool, luckily we were able to reunite fairly quickly :)) Our parting remarks to each other went something like this, "Please don't call me if it regards running!" I think we are ready for another long break!

Everyone in Pine Valley the morning of the race...

Krista and I at the start-don't mind my reflectors :)

At Veyo...we weren't feeling too bad here-it was still chilly, but the sun was starting to come up-beautiful!

Us coming down Snow Canyon hoping our knees and feet will hold out for 9 more miles...

Last mile...it goes on forever

Last few lengths, we were running on fumes-that actually started at mile 13 :)

Glad to be done!

At the finish!

6 comments:

beck said...

Wow! good for you girls! I'm really way impressed! my favorite is your face on the last mile pic. you look so ready to be done. :) good job!

Nat B. said...

You're awesome Lacy. I can't believe you have ran it 3 times! What a woman!
I enjoyed all the pictures too.

Marcie said...

Awesome Lacy! I wish I would have ran into you at the finish line, its always so crazy there. Its always nice to have it over for another year!

On your above post, your little cake and cupcakes you made are so cute and Ali looked adorable in her cowgirl outfit. I can not BELIEVE she almost one. Time flies!!

Matt & Katie said...

you are insane... and awesome! And now I feel horrible I am so out of shape! You need to teach me how to become a runner

krista jo said...

woowoo! I missed this post until today...I might have to steal some pictures :)

Funny how this was Monday and you mentioned NEVER doing it again...after our conversation yesterday! ha! We are so lame!!

Looks like the party turned out awesome, I am impressed with your cake and all else (especially cause you put it together after a marathon...way to go!)

Candice Warby said...

You guys are AMAZING!!! i can't believe you've done 3. You rock my world. Congratulations.