Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Adventures

We had a wonderful time in sunny SG for Christmas! We loved seeing family and friends and Alli had a blast with all of her cousins. Just a little run down as to how it all went...

Alli was pretty good on the plane-although she refuses to sleep anywhere but in a bed-alone and with her boppy. She didn't cry, but it was non-stop movement and trying to keep her entertained was tiring, luckily both Brian and I were there-I've had to do it by myself before and it is not what I consider a relaxing flight :) Anyways this is about 10 minutes after we get in the car-she is out like a light no fuss or anything just gone for the majority of the ride from LV to SG...

My Grandpa and Grandma Hunter always have us grandkids up to Cedar City to make sugar cookies, decorate them and eat them, YUM! We also have pizza from Pizza Hut-what a fun tradition and I'm glad Alli gets to take part in it too...


Alli got to sit on Santa's lap at my parent's wards Christmas party, once she looked up she wasn't so sure about him-she doesn't have any stranger anxiety at all, but we finally found out she does a smidge of it because she decided she didn't like Santa as much as she thought...


Christmas Eve was a busy night! Alli had a lot of fun with all the families-she was an angel while Grandpa Beckstrom and Uncle Josh read the Christmas Story, and she enjoyed herself running around while everyone played games. We also had some musical entertainment from Karli's beau Paul on the guitar and Alli was transfixed by him-he even played her favorite-Popcorn Popping :)
 
Posted by Picasa

Alli had a lot of fun Christmas morning-Santa brought lots of fun things-Alli loves phones she got a few of those(thanks Nana & Grandpa Snow-they make lots of fun noise :)) and she loves pushing strollers around so Alli got her own baby and buggy stroller- Uncle Rowdy decided to push Alli around and I think she liked that more than doing it herself...
 
Posted by Picasa



The Beckstroms always have a Progressive Dinner and it was very delicious we get to eat lots of food and see everyone's houses with lights and decorations-always such a fun way to celebrate the season!

Alli Ady and Emma sitting on the back of the Jeep waiting to go to the next pit stop-they thought it was a great time!

Alli in her Christmas Dress-she is very tired and of course doesn't smile when I want her to, oh well...

Brian was able to play in a golf tournament with all the "dudes" which is a tradition and unfortunately his team "the Steve's" lost and "the dudes" won, but hey he has a really neat golf shirt with his name on it now:) Brian also got to go to the BYU Las Vegas Bowl-I guess it was freezing cold with the wind blowing, but he said it was worth it, whatever, ha...
Alli also learned a few things while we were gone :) She now likes to
say "Uh Oh" when she drops something, so needless to say she drops just about everything to say "Uh oh." My mom and dad taught her to wave her hands if front of her and say "Ot" (hot) when she gets near the fireplace or space heater, pretty funny and she does it every time-she doesn't try to touch them though and that's nice cause we have them on a lot now that it is FREEZING in Columbus-it was 7 degrees when we left the house today-What?! We are now getting a lot of this...

It was a great holiday season, it always goes by way too fast, but here's to hoping spring comes fast!

8 comments:

Kristen Westbrook said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! I am so glad I got to see you and your cute baby for a little bit, she sure is a doll!! Hopefully it won't be to long til we see each other again!!! P.S. Love her Christmas dress, so cute!

Matt & Katie said...

What a fun Christmas! And how awesome to have warm weather - I'm super jealous!
I really like your new fam pic - so cute!

Beau & Shannon said...

She looked like she had a great first christmas! I wish the weather wasnt so horrible here- I want to take a cute family picture too but its too cold- yours is adorable...it makes me want to go there...or california...anywhere thats not snowy and freezing :)

janece said...

Lacy just found your blog...what a cute family you have. Alli is darling!

Rebecs said...

Looks like it was a fun Christmas. Love Alli's little stroller, so cute! Alli is so darling! I wish my kids had her complection!

Kristen Westbrook said...

Lac I just read your comment on my blog! She did get the "Brooke" bedding for christmas ( I have been eyeing it for like 6 months now and had to get it. It went on sale a few weeks before Christmas!!!! I just love the little owls...) Anyways, your comment made me laugh, wish you lived closer so are little girlies could play :)

Perry's said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! I am jealous you were somewhere a lot more warm than here!

linzi said...

i just came across your blog, and i am so happy that i did because i never got to tell you how grateful i was for all of your help getting onto the plane to vegas - literally and emotionally!!! i was so nervous :) so, thank you!!! looks like you had a great time in the nice weather too!