Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Say Cheese

We have told our families the news so we thought we would share.  We are expecting baby #2 and are thrilled!  It took a minute for everyone to notice what Alli was wearing on Skype, but it was a fun way to share the surprise.   Just add us to the pack of people who are expecting around here-it seems to be going around:)  Alli is going to be a big sis around March 25th-due date is still up for grabs-I forgot to ask for the "official" date at the dr. appt.

This is the little peanut-literally-that is about the size so far.  For being so small this baby sure makes me feel ill.  The nausea and "heaving" have returned, unfortunately.  One of the reasons we decided to share the news now is that I can't continue to fib for another 2 months about why I'm not up for doing stuff or eating out or why I don't really get ready or why I have a green tint to my skin color:)   Alli doesn't quite understand what being a big sister means, but I'm sure it will click sooner or later.  Here's to hoping the next few months go by fast so I can start enjoying this pregnancy:)

20 comments:

Cody, Tawsha, and Ashlee said...

holy cow..as i sit here reading blogs, you are the second one announcing a pregnancy and i just learned of my cousin also being pregnant a couple days ago. what the heck is going on??

April Nielsen said...

Congrats! Join the prego club. Those first few weeks are torture!!! But then comes bliss...you'll make it!

krista jo said...

yay! Exciting!

Sorry to hear about the nausea...I hope it is better than last time.

Kristen Westbrook said...

So excited for you guys! But sad to hear your nausea has returned again this time!!! Hopefully you will be feeling better soon, congrats!

Beau & Shannon said...

I just heard the news from brian and sure enough it was on your blog! Yay! Too bad "it" will be coming so late in the school year- we wont get a chance to really know "it". I hope you feel better soon too- it sucks....and it sucks not being able to do things with friends :) Glad to hear you weren't just avoiding us :)

Lindsay said...

I have been expecting a post like this! I thought it might be about time for Ali to be a big sister! I definitely feel your pregnancy pain too-good luck.

Lindsay said...

ps. I know I've said this before but I swear Alli keeps getting cuter and cuter! I just love her.

Lainee said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. I hope you feel better soon.

Josh and Krystal said...

Congrats! Yay! That is so exciting. Alli will be a great helper for you. :) Now the crackers as a snack at IKEA make more sense. We are so happy for you.

Kim said...

Ya ya ya you guys make the cutest babies ever you better be having another one :)

tiffany and darren said...

YAY!! so exciting!! If this one is as cute as the first, you are super lucky. While Kim and Steve were here, we decided Alli is one of the cutest little girls there is! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Bart and Krista said...

CONGRATS!!!! I hope you feel better much sooner than later. Can't wait to see what a CUTE addition you have to your family.

Brett and Lauren said...

Yay! I am excited for you guys! I hope that you get feeling better soon though!

Chelsey said...

Congrats! I am due March 11th and it seems so dang far away to me.

Marcie said...

Congrats! Hope you feel better sooner than later! You make such cute babies!

Stizz said...

Cool! Glad you shared the news, but Ali better not be better friends with the new little Beckstrom than she is with me...I might get jealous. Ok, fine...if they are, I'll let it slide, only because of the cuteness factor. :)

Lizzy said...

Congrats Lacy! And I think I say this too much but Ali is seriously beautiful!

Andrus Family said...

Yeah! Congrats! And I'm sorry as well....I hate being nauseated more than almost anything else. Pick out a favorite movie for Alli and lay on the couch as much as possible! Good luck!

Megan said...

Yay! Congrats!

Hope you start feeling better soon. Yuck!

Kinsly said...

Congrats Lacy and fam! So excited for you. Hope you get feeling better soon!