Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our Sweet Lola

Lola May Beckstrom

Our sweetie Lola May arrived March 15th 2011 at 5:49 a.m. at 38.1 weeks 
          6 lbs 12 ounces
        18.5 inches

Here are a few pictures from the hospital...she really is sweet and we LOVE her!  She has RED hair if you can believe it-it looks really red in the light although there isn't a ton of it and really light eyelashes and eyebrows:) Very different from our Alli J. :) 


Brian really likes this one ;)  The picture lady at the hospital wanted him to pose so he was a good sport to cooperate-I think its rather sweet

This will just be a quick post-hopefully I can get the delivery story down before I forget and upload a few more pictures with Big Sister Alli J. in the next little while.

Things are going pretty well now that we are home (minus the hated engorgement that comes with breastfeeding).  I feel like a milk cow since I have so darn much and it happens to just come like in 1 day-uggh!  I had mastitis 3 times with Alli so hopefully it won't be so bad with Lola-I kind of know what to expect this time and I'm hoping to prevent it-wish me luck:)

So far Alli is handling things well with our new addition-she calls Lola "baby sisser" and loves to be involved and let us know when she is waking up/crying/or is "hungwy" and needs to eat from "mommy's boo boo's" (that's what she calls it)-pretty funny little gal that one.  It has been nice having my mom/Nana here to play and give Alli lots of attention.  They came to see us at the hospital quite a few times and Alli thought it was fun and didn't care when she left as long as Nana went with her-she would say "you and baby sisser stay here-I go with Nana -k-."  I have my "help" for 1 more week and then Brian and I get to try being parents to 2 kiddos on our own-yikes!  Hopefully I can get a few fun pictures posted in the next few weeks:)

14 comments:

Kristen Westbrook said...

She is such a doll! I love that she has red hair, how cute! Hope all goes well when your help leaves, sounds like you guys already are doing great! Congrats again!

cheeks said...

oh my goodness she's sooooo sweet!! i'm glad to see some pics on here already! sounds like alli is lovin her! so glad your mom could be here for a little while....there's nothing better than mom's help! Good luck with the "boo boos!" Hopefully it will be a little better for ya this time around!

Megan said...

Congrats! She is adorable! I love her name too! Love the milk story...that is one thing I am not looking forward to. I hope you don't get mastitis!!

Maggie said...

Congrats. What a cutie! We think she looks like Brian. Oh, and I LOVE the red hair and her sweet name.

Beau & Shannon said...

good job she looks like another sweetie! Excited to come meet her!

Lindsay said...

oh i love that she has red hair! good luck with 2, its an adjustment but sounds like alli is already doing great so that is lucky!

krista jo said...

You will do amazing I am sure :) She is such a beautiful little thing! Good job!

Yikes...breastfeeding troubles, I hope it all goes much better this time!

Nat B. said...

Congrats to you guys. She is beautiful! Glad you have your mom out there to help. Hope you get caught up on your sleep before she leaves.
I see lots of Brian in little Lola :) It will be fun to see how she changes when she grows. When do we get to meet her?

Andrus Family said...

So exciting! Two girls...crazy! It was hard for me, but you'll do so great! Lola is beautful, hope the adjustment continues to go well! Give me a call if you ever head to St George this summer, I'd love to see you!

janece said...

She is so darling....I've been blog stalking you for quite some time. It's fun to keep up with your cute little family...I wish you all the fun and happiness a family brings!!

Kinsly said...

Congrats Lacy! She is so sweet. Yeah, Alli definitely looks a lot like you and baby Lola looks a lot like Brian, in my opinion :) Glad everything went well. I bet Alli loves having a "baby", if she's anything like my Ashley. She only has baby dolls, but she is just so much more motherly than Trev...obviously. When I had her Trevor could care less. But I always hear the stories about the big sisters being so helpful. I guess we'll get to experience that if I can ever get myself ready to have number 3! It just sounds hard... well, good luck with 2. You're going to be great!

Lisa said...

Congrats! What a little doll... she is a little sweetie!
It's always so nice to get them here... lots of luck... the first few weeks are always a challenge. I'm glad that your Mom was able to come and help... sound like Allie is really enjoying her visit :)

CassideeT said...

Congratulations! Lola is so beautiful! I hope things are going well for y'all. Have fun with your sweet little baby!

Perry's said...

OHHHHH she is adorable, I can't believe she has red hair, so cute! You looked great the other day I can't believe you even had a baby you don't look it at all, Good luck getting the hang of two I am sure it isn't easy!