Saturday, February 19, 2011

Birthday 2011

This year was the big #27!  I for some reason don't really like this number- it could be that it means that there are only 3 years left until I turn THIRTY??!! Yikes.  Oh well, what can ya do but enjoy it:) I did get some great gifts though so they made it a little sweeter:)

Brian knows I love surprises (who doesn't on their special day) and he definitely did the part this year.  We are both due for upgrades on our phones-like over a year ago-and we just have been putting it off because everything requires a so called "media" plan.  Well, much to my surprise I received the one and only i phone!  Yep, I'm pretty much in love with it.  He sacrificed his own desires for mine:)  He even stayed up till 3am the night it was released from Verizon Wireless to order it to make sure I would get one on time for my b-day-how nice huh!  He also got me a TON of my favorite candy since I am pretty much a candyoholic these days (I have been craving sugar with this pregnancy and with Alli it was all steak-weird).  The sugar will definitely help me with my # on the scale-it just keeps going up and up and up:)  I also received some presents in the mail from my family which is ALWAYS a fun surprise too.  It was nice to be remembered-thanks ya'll:)


Alli told me "Happy Day Mama" when we were eating breakfast-Brian had been telling her that it was my birthday and she remembered:)  She decorated herself with stickers for my present...how sweet

We went down to Louisville for my birthday weekend to visit the Wright's and also look for a place to live for when we move this summer.  It was nice to get a weekend away someplace slightly warmer than OH-and the sun came out too:) Kailee is such a great cuz and made me a yummy cake and all the kiddos sang me Happy Birthday(she has those pics).  The kids had a great time together-Alli can never get enough play time and Hunter and Hudson were great playmates...we are excited that we will be living right in the same city with them!


On a side note...

There are only a few weeks left until Baby Beckstrom #2 arrives.  Can I just say that I am totally not ready?  Yeah- I've sorted through Alli's baby stuff etc. I've got clothes, diapers and all that kinda stuff AND I'm physically ready, but emotionally, NO WAY!  How am I going to handle a cute (stinker bug) Alli J. and a newborn?  Do I have enough patience?  I don't feel like I do. 

I start getting "checked" at my next appt. Uggh! This pregnancy has been more difficult for me in that she is sitting so low(and is probably about 9 lbs now due to my sugar overload) and puts a TON of pressure on those "bones" down low:)  Apparently my Relaxin horomone is kickin' in a little early and with a vengeance...walking is pretty much torture and so is my "rolling" from side to side at night.  What a joy!  This little girl also likes to have play time right when I'm trying to go to sleep-usually between 10-12 and she also is an early riser at around 0600-her favorite play area-my ribcage.  Does it sound like I'm complaining because I really am trying hard not too-wink wink! 

All in all, I am thankful that things are going well, but my body could at least try to hold itself together a bit better for the next few weeks since I still have a few 12 hr. shifts I have to make it through (after all I am ONLY #27-remember:)  If you don't hear from me again, it's probably because I've either lost it (as in my mind) or I've gone into labor.  Which one will come first?  Who knows...

2 comments:

Matt & Katie said...

Happy Birthday! What a great hubby to get you the iphone. I'm pretty jealous! Glad you had a great weekend & got lots of candy! You look great & good luck with the next couple of weeks!

Stizz said...

I knew about the iPhone, but Brian made an effort to tell me it was a surprise and that I had to keep my mouth shut. :) Now we can get together and play iPhones sometime. :) I can't believe another little Beckstrom is soon to arrive, good job hanging in there. I can't believe you're still working, you crazy woman! But let me know if you ever need me to help take the other crazy woman (Alli) off your hands for awhile...I don't want you losing it yet, you're ONLY 27. ;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!